This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mariinsky I renovation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Can anyone tell me when exactly this is going to start? Or isn't that known yet?

I would like to visit the theatre before the renovations, don't know if this will be possible, but I hope so.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

The most precise I've read in one of the articles in the Tsiskaridze and Lopatkina appointments to the Vaganova Academy news thread is the end of 2014.

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:04 PM

I would like to bump this thread, as I just scrutinized the place.  The theater REALLY needs a renovation, particularly in the outside. The green painting is peeling all over, and the wood work in windows and doors needs replacements.  Inside it doesn't really shows that much of wear and tear, but judging from the way renovations are being carried all over historical buildings around the city, it is obvious that the Mariinsky is due.

#4 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:48 AM

Enjoy St. Petersburg! I believe the renovation of the outside of Mariinsky I is tied up in red tape. I have not paid attention to that recently since the plan for it was so upsetting for me I just stopped paying attention then there was a small "revolt" of sorts over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):