Is Svetlana Lunkina moving to Toronto?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 ballet_n00b

ballet_n00b

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

While I admire Lunkina greatly as an artist, I've kinda lost some respect for her as a person after reading this interview;

if you're going to make such serious allegations, you need to back it up with more than just hearsay.

And I have just developed much more respect for her than ever before.  Bravo Sveta, tell the truth and shame the devil.

Well good for you, but it doesn't change the fact that this "truth" merely consists of unsubstantiated allegations.

#47 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Lunkina is very brave to say what she did as she still has family in the company which is why she hasn't gone the whole hog, much of what she has said is already widely known though of coure it takes a company member to speak up before is can be described as being in the 'public domain'.

#48 Alayna

Alayna

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

"As your every post on this forum has been as an apologist for Filin, you are hardly unbiased, are you?"

And as a devoted fan of Tsiskaridze, you're hardly unbiased either, now are you?  I recall posts from you passionately defending him from criticism. Does that mean you're an apologist for him?

#49 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

I think you'll find that I post on a whole lot more subjects than the current Bolshoi debacle.

#50 Alayna

Alayna

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

So? I'm talking about your posts on Tsiskaridze - not what you post on other subjects.

#51 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

And I am saying that I don't take seriously people that have an agenda.

#52 Alayna

Alayna

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Neither do I.

#53 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

wait - aren't we supposed to avoid discussing the discussion?  I know the admins have slapped my hands a few times for that.  

To paraphrase Anna Leonowens: I suppose no AD is as good of an AD as he wishes he were.  

#54 Alayna

Alayna

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

My apologies. It's just when someone accuses me of being an apologist with an agenda when all I've done is express my opinion just like everyone else on this forum, I felt compelled to respond.

#55 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

I am very surprised that Maria Alexandrova and Maria Allash have been removed from London roles.  Both have been featured on the cinematic broadcasts, the tour to Australia, etc.

There's a wrinkle to the cinema broadcasts, which is that choreographers or a ballet's producers have a lot of say about who gets filmed. If you're familiar with the Paris Opera Ballet film of John Neumeier's The Lady of the Camellias, you may remember that Agnès Letestu was to have been paired with Hervé Moreau. But he was injured at the beginning of the run, right on stage, if I recall correctly. A tall replacement had to be found, so the part went to Stéphane Bullion, who had learned the role but not yet performed it. The bonus feature on the DVD relates how Letestu and Bullion flew to Hamburg for intensive coaching before going before the cameras. Obviously it would have been easier to film a different pair with prior experience of performing the ballet together, but Neumeier insisted that the filmed Marguerite had to be Letestu and no one else.

We know that Pavel Dmitrichenko does not like Sergei Filin, and that the feeling is mutual. But Dmitrichenko was cast as Abderakhman in the broadcast of Raymonda because that decision was Yuri Grigorovich's to make. Dancers' participation in the Bolshoi's broadcasts indicates that they are liked by Grigorovich, Burkala or Ratmansky, not necessarily that they are favored by the Bolshoi management. That's why Alexandrova, Allash and Skvortsov can be featured prominently on film while also being dropped from their London roles.

#56 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

As of the current posting on the ROH website, Alexandrova and Skvortsov still have 3 Swan Lakes (out of 8),. Alexandrova has one Gamzatti and one Flames of Paris. That's not exactly being "dropped", is it?

#57 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

I didn't say they were dropped entirely, as Allash was, but their Sleeping Beauties were taken away from them.

#58 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

...but their Sleeping Beauties were taken away from them.

Can I just say that sounds really funny.  ;)

#59 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sorry!

#60 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

On her blog Svetlana Lunkina has announced that she will continue to perform with the National Ballet of Canada next season. She also notes that no one from the Bolshoi's management has attempted to contact her to ask whether she'd be interested in returning.

http://svetlanalunki...014/05/24/1016/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):