This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

On Your ToesCity Center May 8-12, 2013

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image I much preferred the Spaniard's Russian accent to the Ukranian's -- I could understand DeLuz (who really did sound Russian!) much more easily than Dvorovenko. I lost too much of her dialogue, understanding something around 50% of it. It may have been as much the fault of the amplification system as the actress, or perhaps even my own aging ears Posted Image . And while I agree that she vamped vampiously, and diva-ed diva-ishly, she is not on my list of favorite Striptease Girls.

My sister and I were in the first row of the balcony on Saturday night and had a very different experience. I wonder if there are issues with the acoustics/amplification in City Center. We loved Dvorovenko, could understand her perfectly (both accent and audio), and thought deLuz was hard to hear and failed to project appropriately. We loved the entire production, but had no basis for comparison, having never seen it on Broadway or the old film.

I would have preferred seating in the first tier, but nothing remotely decent was available. The first row of the balcony has a major defect, namely, that the security bar in front of the seats cuts straight across your sightlines. So you have to either scooch down or sit up too high to catch the action. Second row looks like it would be much better, sightline-wise.

#17 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

I had no problem understanding Irina. Sometimes the audience was laughing while she was still delivering a line, but I could still understand what she said. There were times when it was difficult to understand DeLuz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):