This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

POB Raymonda

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

I contacted Opus Arte about the POB broadcast of Raymonda that was aired in Europe last Winter. There was some talk on the Board that this would come out on DVD. Unfortunately, I was informed that they won't be releasing it on DVD.

Is there another video company that might release it? Are we ever going to see Nureyev's Raymonda on video? :wallbash:

#2 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

Is there another video company that might release it? Are we ever going to see Nureyev's Raymonda on video? :wallbash:

Sigh, I'd love to see the telecast from when the production was new released. Nureyev's Jean is sort of an example of the law of diminishing returns but I like Pontois as Raymonda quite a lot. And the production is beautiful, the moment when the tent rises up is one of those moments of theatrical magic.

#3 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Perhaps Arthaus Musik, It bought out TDK, which used to release quite a few POB videos. Alternately, it could be Bel Air Classiques, which has also released POB stuff, in which case the DVD would cost a small fortune.

#4 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:52 AM

Perhaps Arthaus Musik, It bought out TDK, which used to release quite a few POB videos. Alternately, it could be Bel Air Classiques, which has also released POB stuff, in which case the DVD would cost a small fortune.

Thanks for the tips, volcanohunter, but neither company carries POB's Raymonda.

#5 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

I contacted Opus Arte about the POB broadcast of Raymonda that was aired in Europe last Winter. There was some talk on the Board that this would come out on DVD. Unfortunately, I was informed that they won't be releasing it on DVD.

Very disappointing news! I was hoping it would be made available on DVD... :crying:

#6 theplayer01

theplayer01

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

I have been waiting for Raymonda to come out for years. Especially since they released the rehearsal documentary.

It has to come out. Also there must be a way to get hold of it if it was aired on TV.

Anyone any ideas?

Please, Please, Please

#7 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

[Admin beanie on]

If it's not available commercially, it's off topic for Ballet Talk. We have a strict "No Tape/DVD Trading" policy on the board.

[Admin beanie off]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):