Bolshoi at ROH London 8-01-06 to 8-10-06reviews

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Kate B

Kate B

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

Did anyone see Don Quixote last night? Natalia Osipova was phenomenal, as was Denis Matvienko. Ballet stars of the future I hope. I wanted to see them do it all over again.

#32 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

... Natalia Osipova was phenomenal...

I've read that her Kitri has been thrilling in her 3 or 4 St. Petersburg appearances, each performance topping the previous one. Kate B, could you please tell us more about the London performance? Already, the review in the Evening Standard says

As the applause thundered, the Bolshoi's director Alexei Ratmansky could be seen climbing out of his seat and heading backstage. He was, surely, rushing to congratulate Natalia Osipova.. [she] romped through it with such exuberance and flair, such feisty good humour and quick-witted panache, that her gutsy, lusty Kitri easily rates as the best performance of this Bolshoi visit.

#33 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:53 AM

Last night I saw Alexandrova as Kitri... Her Act II leaps into Filin's arms astound me. She is such a joyous dancer.

Osipova did the Grand Pas variation 1 - she's beautiful, light, tiny, young. Everyone is raving about her, and my friends have insisted that no one, anywhere, could top her Kitri.

#34 Kate B

Kate B

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

I have blogged it on thewinger.com - and about Monday's mixed programme, which I hated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):