This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Natalia OsipovaBolshoi dancer

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

Aurora, if she dances Flames of Paris you are definately going to see her jump!

Mashinka, you are totally correct of course. I have a cold and my brain is slow. There is a ton of jumping in the pdd, I was just thinking of the female variation from it, which doesn't have much and is a bit "cutesy" in my view.

Thanks for reminding me!

#77 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

Natalia Osipova was just awarded the Golden Mask (the highest theatrical award in Russia) for Best Female Dancer (for her role in "In the Upper Room"). Not bad for a 21-year old.

#78 Gracian

Gracian

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

Azulynn, Osipova is listed as a member of the corps de ballet on the Bolshoi website http://www.bolshoi.r...roupe/cdballet/ (in Russian).

I don't see any Natalia Osipôva , Only Victoria Osipova . At least on the Boshoi Page you mention !

#79 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

I don't see any Natalia Osipôva , Only Victoria Osipova . At least on the Boshoi Page you mention !

In January she was again promoted, and is now a First Soloist. Here is her updated bio from the Bolshoi site (in English). Don't miss the nine photo slide show of her (you can click on each to make them big).
http://www.bolshoi.r...r...fo&id26=822

#80 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

Lest we should forget, here is Osipova's website, with biography, plenty of photos etc. in English and in Russian.

Natalia Osipova website.

#81 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

[size=4]Youth Arts In Action's Inspiring Artists series.[/size]

[size=4]Natalia Osipova interviewed by Youth Arts in Action mentors Maria Sascha Khan and Nadia Khan:[/size]

[size=4]Natalia Osipova Interview - Part I [/size]

[size=4]Natalia Osipova Interview - Part II [/size]

#82 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,710 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanks, innopac.

#83 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thank you...if anyone could make Taming of the Shrew sit-through-able for me post Haydee/Cragun it would be Osipova or, even better, Osipova/Vasiliev....

#84 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Would be interested if anyone saw or has access to (reasonably reliable) reports on Osipova debut in Swan Lake at the Mikhailovsky...Thanks...

#85 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Maybe there are others, but there are a lot of short clips up on Youtube from this person:

#86 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you...I found, from the same person, a few short clips of Act III as well.

(I had searched for Osipova on Youtube, but these don't turn up--I assume one needs to search under the Russian name.)

#87 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Kommersant newspaper has a report: http://translate.goo...%26prmd%3Dimvns

#88 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

^^ I love these automatic translations!
They are so picturesque and intriguing at the same time!
(did I understand correctly that the reviewer basically felt the dancing was pretty stellar but the acting left a bit to be desired?)

In the video clip (above) the swans going by behind the two dancers were quite unusual, too.
At first I mistook them for flamingos, and thought that was an interesting change.

-d-

#89 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

(did I understand correctly that the reviewer basically felt the dancing was pretty stellar but the acting left a bit to be desired?)

-d-

That's the impression I got, diane.

#90 seattle_dancer

seattle_dancer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Osipova fans, I need your help!

Does anybody know if she will be dancing in the super short ABT span at City Centre this fall, or in the regular ABT season spring 2013? Or any other shows in the U.S. in the next year?

I ask b/c I live in Seattle and bought Mikhailovsky @ Koch tickets to see her, which of course were refunded. Then I tried to catch her in La Bayadere on Memorial Day and Bright Stream two days later but sadly she was ill.

I am now considering flying over to see her in Firebird on June 23. Misty Copeland is dancing the matinee so I figured I could see her too. But airfares are horrendously expensive, so if there a good chance I can catch her next year I might wait. I noticed in the program it now says "Principal as of 2012", and she used to be listed "Guest Artist". But with all the changes at Mikhailovsky I'm afraid we can't count on anything.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Also I have not seen her since 2010 so if anybody has any observations on how she is evolving, I'd love to read!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):