Ex-BB dancers Ball, Kovatch and HariyamaWhere are they?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:43 AM

Does anyone have a clue where these three dancers are now? I think Kovatch is with Festival Ballet but I can't be too sure..and Ball just disappeared from the radar after the Suzanne Farrell Ballet ended its tour.

Any input would be appreciated. On another note, I'm surprised that Shannon Parsley has left her soloist position in MCB to take up a corps de ballet position in BB- her strong performances during the Suzanne Farrell Ballet tour made me think she was a soloist somewhere..it was a big surprise when I checked the Boston Ballet website this evening!

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:09 AM

i believe simon ball and frances perez-ball went to houston. not sure about kovatch though it sounds right.

#3 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:59 AM

That information is correct, as far as I know. Ms. Parsley and Jared Reddick are married and they both dance now for Boston Ballet.

#4 Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:59 PM

Simon Ball has been a great addition to Houston Ballet. :thumbsup: Sorry I can't say much about Frances-Perez, as I think I've only seen her perform once in a small role.

#5 Dansuer85

Dansuer85

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:30 PM

What about April Ball? Did she retire from dance?

#6 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:45 PM

i know she was dancing with suzanne farrell.

#7 bbfan

bbfan

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:45 AM

April Ball danced one piece in "Raw Dance", the performances choreographed by Boston Ballet dancers and presented a couple of weekends ago. Unfortuantely, the program didn't give a clue as to where she might be dancing regularly now and I didn't think to ask anyone.

#8 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:37 AM

Oops..I wasn't clear about which 'Ball' I was talking about- I meant April Ball, who's not with any major company after the Suzanne Farrell Ballet ended its tour. She was described in reviews as the strongest dancer in the whole company and I don't think that's too far off...

If anyone has information as to where she's dancing now, please share! Thanks. :thumbsup:

#9 kirovboy

kirovboy

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:39 PM

April Ball is spending the year guesting! She is not currently dancing regularly with any particular company! The same also goes for Emi Hariyama!

#10 vagansmom

vagansmom

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

Karla Kovatch is with Festival Ballet now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):