This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

British Icons - Program 2

There was no strain when Wei Wang partnered and did overhead lifts with Wona Park in Swan Lake when I saw them dance beautifully several weeks ago, and with depth of feeling that was not there when they first performed the roles a few years ago.  And I do regret that Ben Freemantle and Max Cauthorn decided to leave SFB.  They were each so talented, unique, accomplished,  and had everything going for them.   

Just now, Josette said:

There was no strain when Wei Wang partnered and did overhead lifts with Wona Park in Swan Lake when I saw them dance beautifully several weeks ago, and with depth of feeling that was not there when they first performed the roles a few years ago.  And I do regret that Ben Freemantle and Max Cauthorn decided to leave SFB.  They were each so talented, unique, accomplished,  and had everything going for them.  

Wei Wang has really developed his lifts over the last 3 or 4 years. He looks good with a small partner like Wona. He had numerous scary moments in the early days trying to lift dancers like Sofiane Sylve. And Angelo Greco lifting Jen Stahl was terrifying. 😱
That said, all the best dancers develop their bodies over time, and learn about all the nuances of their jobs. They get better. Or they don't stay in the company.