This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2022 Program Books Now Available Digitally

I was poking around the site and found the program book for the first two programs are available online:  https://www.sfballet.org/tickets/2022-season/2022-program-books/#programs-1-2

I found the link on the Program 2 page:  https://www.sfballet.org/productions/program-2/.  

The program book for Nutcracker is also available.  Program books for the rest of the season will be posted as they become available - probably the week before the program opens.

On a similar note:  Paper casting sheets were not given during Nutcracker.  Instead, there was a poster board on each level with the casting listed.  On the board there was a QR code which would take you to the full casting online.  This makes sense now as during Nutcracker the full casting was available online and remained online throughout the run.  I actually like this as it saves a lot of paper.

7 minutes ago, sf_herminator said:

I was poking around the site and found the program book for the first two programs are available online:  https://www.sfballet.org/tickets/2022-season/2022-program-books/#programs-1-2

I found the link on the Program 2 page:  https://www.sfballet.org/productions/program-2/.  

The program book for Nutcracker is also available.  Program books for the rest of the season will be posted as they become available - probably the week before the program opens.

On a similar note:  Paper casting sheets were not given during Nutcracker.  Instead, there was a poster board on each level with the casting listed.  On the board there was a QR code which would take you to the full casting online.  This makes sense now as during Nutcracker the full casting was available online and remained online throughout the run.  I actually like this as it saves a lot of paper.

I love these on-line programs. Colorado Ballet has been using this for a few years. But why don't they send email to everybody who has a ticket for one of these programs? I'm going to both Program I and 2 in the second weekend but knew nothing about this until I read it here.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, California said:

I love these on-line programs. Colorado Ballet has been using this for a few years. But why don't they send email to everybody who has a ticket for one of these programs? I'm going to both Program I and 2 in the second weekend but knew nothing about this until I read it here.

Unfortunately, a typical problem with SFB. Often emails are sent out to a certain group of people, but many others don't receive the message. Please post your performance reactions, California!

1 hour ago, sf_herminator said:

Digital Program Book for Program 4 is now available.  The long-awaited return of Bournonville's La Sylphide and the long-awaited SFB premiere of Ratmansky's The Seasons are on this program:  https://www.sfballet.org/tickets/2022-season/2022-program-books/#program-4

Here we go again -- I have tickets to two of those performance, but no notice was sent to us via email. I learned the program book is available here. They don't really take good care of their ticket buyers!

18 minutes ago, California said:

Here we go again -- I have tickets to two of those performance, but no notice was sent to us via email. I learned the program book is available here. They don't really take good care of their ticket buyers!

That's unfortunate....  And I found the program book because I started poking around the site to see if casting was up.....

46 minutes ago, California said:

Definitely contact Ticket Sales and figure out why you're not on the e-mail contact list:

Ticket & Patron Services

SALES & INFO
415-865-2000
tickets@sfballet.org
Monday – Friday, 10 am –4 pm
On performance dates, including Saturday and Sunday, the phones open from 10 am and remain open until the last performance of the day begins.

Just now, pherank said:

Definitely contact Ticket Sales and figure out why you're not on the e-mail contact list:

Ticket & Patron Services

SALES & INFO
415-865-2000
tickets@sfballet.org
Monday – Friday, 10 am –4 pm
On performance dates, including Saturday and Sunday, the phones open from 10 am and remain open until the last performance of the day begins.

Did anyone on this site get email notification that the program book was available? I'm a ticket holder, subscriber, and Friend! You'd think one of those would count.

7 minutes ago, California said:

Did anyone on this site get email notification that the program book was available? I'm a ticket holder, subscriber, and Friend! You'd think one of those would count.

I received the big 2022 Repertory Season guide in the mail a while back. Normally, the program guides would be available to you (along with the casting sheets) at the Opera House when you first enter the doors. However, Covid protocols may have changed how all that is being handled. I haven't been able to attend lately, so I don't know if anything is being distributed to the audience members.

1 hour ago, California said:

I went back and checked my emails to see if I received anything prior to the performance.  I found emails I received 3 days before the performance.  The subject line would be 'You have tickets to Program X on MON D 2022 Time' or 'You have tickets to Don Quixote on Mar 4 2022 8:00 PM' (this email received 3/1 - 3 days before the performance).  Scrolling through the email there are links for the 'online program book' and 'casting' as well as any other links to information on the performance on the website.  There is also information about COVID 19 protocols, where to eat in the opera house, FAQs, etc.  If you do not see this in your Inbox, I would recommend checking your spam or junk folder.  If you still do not see anything, then definitely contact Ticket & Patron Services.

1 hour ago, pherank said:

I received the big 2022 Repertory Season guide in the mail a while back. Normally, the program guides would be available to you (along with the casting sheets) at the Opera House when you first enter the doors. However, Covid protocols may have changed how all that is being handled. I haven't been able to attend lately, so I don't know if anything is being distributed to the audience members.

Ushers do not hand out program books or casting sheets anymore.  Program Books are placed on tables in various locations for attendees to get themselves.  Paper casting sheets are no longer given.  Instead, there are stands on each level which list the casting.  There is also a QR code which will link to the casting page on the SFB website.

Another change:  no more standing tickets.  Only Level 8 (and maybe Level 7) students are allowed to stand.  The head usher will oversee this.  EXCEPTION:  I did not get back in time after intermission to sit in my seat during Program 2, so I had to stand in the back of Orchestra for the second piece (In the Night).

Digital Program Book for Programs 5 & 6 is now available:  2022 PROGRAM BOOKS - San Francisco Ballet (sfballet.org)

Program 5 (opening Saturday 4/2) includes:

• Harmony - the last new work by Helgi Tomasson
  • The Fifth Season - one of Helgi's best-loved works to Karl Jenkins returns as part of his final season as Artistic Director
  • Magrittomania - Yuri Possokhov's first creation for SFB, a quirky take on the works of painter Rene Magritte with music by and inspired by Beethoven

Program 6 (opening Wednesday 4/6) contains:

• Prism - Helgi Tomasson's work set to a Beethoven Piano Concerto
  • Finale Finale - a world premiere by Christopher Wheeldon
  • The Promised Land - a world premiere by Dwight Rhoden
Edited by sf_herminator