This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Live performances in September?

Do you think they're going to happen?

Do you think the performers will be wearing masks?

The audience have to mask up/test before entrance?

I'll be honest.. I don't watch performances with masks.  I just don't enjoy it.  And I have unpopular views on athletes wearing masks, but I have no desire to start a debate about that.  

On 3/23/2021 at 11:55 AM, Balletwannabe said:

Do you think the performers will be wearing masks?

The audience have to mask up/test before entrance?

I'll be honest.. I don't watch performances with masks.  I just don't enjoy it.  And I have unpopular views on athletes wearing masks, but I have no desire to start a debate about that.  

I'm in half decent shape (25-30 minute run every other day) and I find it difficult to breathe after walking up the 80 stairs to my apartment if I'm wearing a mask. I don't see how dancers can go all-out while wearing masks.

Live performances have just resumed in Israel - and I went to a modern dance performance on Sunday!!! The show was not so great, but who cares? 🙂

Audience members had to present certification that they were vaccinated or recovering from COVID-19 together with photo ID. Compliance was carefully checked by the ushers at the entrance to the theatre. It takes a long time and I don't know how this will be handled at big venues.

Seating was less than capacity with some rows left empty, empty chairs, etc. 

The dancers wore masks during the first section which they started with lights up while the audience was entering. It looked weird especially as they were regular surgical masks and not part of the costumes. Afterwards they removed the masks and danced together, touching each other, rolling over each other, breathing over each other. It was like waking up after a very long hibernation. 

English National Ballet has just announced by email live performances May 17-30! I'm not seeing this yet on their web site - perhaps later today.

Reunion: An Evening with English National Ballet

17 – 30 May 2021

We are thrilled to be back on stage in May! We hope you will be there for our first live performances since January 2020: they promise to be very special.

The five unique works that make up this exciting programme were originally released as dance films in our critically-acclaimed Digital Season last year: now is your chance to see them live for the first time.

It is a joy to present the creations from esteemed choreographers Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Russell Maliphant, Yuri Possokhov, Stina Quagebeur and Arielle Smith.

Please keep this information under embargo until 10.30am today, 25 March. 

You will receive a priority booking link ahead of the general public. We will be in touch in the coming weeks with more information and to provide the link.

Tickets go on sale to Great Friends and Benefactors on Wednesday 31 March, to Friends on Tuesday 6 April, and to the general public on Thursday 8 April. 

7.30pm performances: 17, 18, 19, 25, 26, 27, 28 & 29 May
2.30pm performances: 19, 27, 29 & 30 May

Capacity is reduced and performances will be to socially-distanced audiences in strict compliance with UK Government guidance.