This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Trump Tried to End Federal Arts Funding. Instead, It Grew.

Fortunately, Trump wasn't able to eliminate the National Endowment of the Arts during his tenure. The NYTimes is out with the story of how bipartisan support in Congress helped the NEA survive. I'm hopeful, this could lead to increased funding for the arts, on an ongoing bases, or at a minimum money to help arts organizations recover from COVID. This coupled, with Biden's plan for the arts, gives me hope! 

1 hour ago, Dancerboy90210 said:

Fortunately, Trump wasn't able to eliminate the National Endowment of the Arts during his tenure. The NYTimes is out with the story of how bipartisan support in Congress helped the NEA survive. I'm hopeful, this could lead to increased funding for the arts, on an ongoing bases, or at a minimum money to help arts organizations recover from COVID. This coupled, with Biden's plan for the arts, gives me hope! 

A little tidbit that might be of interest: newly-elected Rep Lauren Boebert (yes, THAT one) defeated in the Republic primary a moderate Republican, Scott Tipton, who had been a very loyal NEA/NEH supporter. I was part of a lobbying group a few years ago that visited his offices to thank him. 

https://www.cpr.org/2020/12/15/rep-scott-tipton-says-hell-miss-the-clowns-but-not-the-congressional-circus-after-10-years-in-office/