This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB 2020 Opening Night Gala

18 hours ago, pherank said:

A good thing - I didn't understand why they were only going to show it for 1 day right before a long holiday weekend.

Thank goodness, on Tuesday I was driving to a remote area with no WIFI and didn’t get to watch it all.  I’ll be back in Seattle before the 6th and can watch to my heart’s content.

I noticed there is a $1M match by the SFB Board of Trustees.  I suspect it had not been exhausted and money was still rolling in so they extended the viewing.  I was on a virtual tea on Sunday in YY’s honor and the SFB staff made it sound like the Tuesday only viewing was because the occasion of the gala and her solo/Yuri’s world premiere was so very special, thus available for one day only.

1 hour ago, seattle_dancer said:

Thank goodness, on Tuesday I was driving to a remote area with no WIFI and didn’t get to watch it all.  I’ll be back in Seattle before the 6th and can watch to my heart’s content.

I noticed there is a $1M match by the SFB Board of Trustees.  I suspect it had not been exhausted and money was still rolling in so they extended the viewing.  I was on a virtual tea on Sunday in YY’s honor and the SFB staff made it sound like the Tuesday only viewing was because the occasion of the gala and her solo/Yuri’s world premiere was so very special, thus available for one day only.

These videos are the best means of attracting outside donations, so limiting access made no sense at all.
I noticed that when they were crediting the Relief Fund donors (on record as June 22, 2020), the names included Helgi Tomasson, Martin West, Cordula Merks, and Kelly Tweeddale and family. So they are all putting their own money back into the company. Just how much, we don't know, but not my business.

I'm an anonymous donor so I didn't get to see my name in print. But I'm not sad about it.  😉