This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Happy 50th Anniversary Sesame Street!

Thanks, Canbelto. I'll look through your post carefully as soon as I get a chance. I haven't watched Sesame Street in quite awhile, but I do watch it and it's probably the most loveable and perhaps healthiest program on television.

Added: I'm working on a cartoon character (just a hobby), "Angela Autumn Gold," a little girl who loves autumn and, I'm sure, loves the folks on Sesame Street. 

Edited by Buddy
48 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Thanks, Canbelto. I'll look through your post carefully as soon as I get a chance. I haven't watched Sesame Street in quite awhile, but I do watch it and it's probably the most loveable and perhaps healthiest program on television.

Added: I'm working on a cartoon character (just a hobby), "Angela Autumn Gold," a little girl who loves autumn and, I'm sure, loves the folks on Sesame Street. 

That's great that you're working on a cartoon! I hope we get to see her sooner rather than later!

1 hour ago, canbelto said:

That's great that you're working on a cartoon! I hope we get to see her sooner rather than later!

Canbelto, I actually posted written children's brief 'character descriptions' weekly for several years at Critical Dance, the only forum of its kind that allowed 'creative writing.' If that should ever happen at another forum, I'd maybe give it a try. They were all intended to be very pleasant for children, hopefully interesting to adults and dance related. Since Critical Dance has moved to a magazine format these were included in a  "Dance Legacy Forum" which I guess has been unattended and is now not considered a secure site by Safari. I've emailed Critical Dance but have not yet received a response. If it becomes safely accessible again I'll email you. Thanks so much for your kind words and interest.

The cartoon of Angela Autumn Gold, is a tiny little girl with a huge 'mop' of golden hair that often falls down covering her entire face. She's a seasonal character, this being Autumn, and she loves dancing through the woods, climbing trees with Big Bird and reading BalletAlert!, along with your 'Blogs.'  😊  

By the way, I read years ago that Sesame Street was being carried in 32 countries. I saw some of the Dutch productions and they had a slightly different feel, but still the same essence.

Added: If you care to give me an email address, I'd be glad to send some photos of her.

Edited by Buddy

Maybe I could be allowed one time to slip these in here, since it’s Sesame Street’s 50th. (If not appropriate, please delete)

It’s autumn and the leaves are dancing in the trees

Angela Autumn Gold dances through the woods

Shining as brightly as the sun

As brightly as the leaves of autumn

* Sprite *

Sprite is Moon Boots best friend. Everybody in Beau-Le-Soleil is Everybody else’s best friend.

Moon Boots lives in a big doll’s house on top of the Beau-Le-Soleil Grand Theatre de Theatre, where they built her a little stage to practice on. She loves dancing on the roof.

Sprite lives in a tree.

Sprite is a Sprite.

A Sprite is A Wood-Nymph-Faerie — Quite Extraordinaerie !

Moon Boots dances when she’s Happy. She’s Always Happy !

Sprite lies in the flower covered meadows, runs up and down waterfalls and sings with the breezes when she’s Happy. She’s Always Happy !

She pretends that she’s a Love-Flower-Faerie — Seems quite Ordinaerie.

Sprite looks like Tinker Bell. Little children playing in the woods think that she is Tinker Bell and are always asking for her autograph and the directions to Pixie Hollow.

Sprite loves playing with the little children. They play games and do dances like

The Slide On One Knee

Grande Pirouette Diddle-Dee-Dee

(How Silly of Me)

With An Elephant Tree

and

The Dance For Two

Cause I Love You

All the little children Everywhere love Sprite and Moon Boots.

😊    *********   So Let's Dance !  ********   😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRm6AcsO9Ahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjAFjn5qFtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjAFjn5qFtY

(parts of this have been posted officially)

Hi Canbelto and Dirac.

Thanks again so much, Canbelto, for posting this.

I used to say that Sesame Street is the best program on television. Don’t watch much tv at the moment, but maybe it still is.