This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I ws so excited when my Kirov 1977 La Baydere arrived on Thursday. How wonderful it is to finally have this on DVD. Komleva's wonderful Nikiya, Terekhova's brilliant Gamzatti, the exquisite corps work, especially in The Kingdom of The Shades. :)

Has anyone else received their Bayadere?

I'm still in the dark ages with my videocassette of this.....gradually I will upgrade, I imagine! It is a wonderful, wonderful performance...

I saw it on Amazon and was all excited but it is not in Region Four format and will probably take ages before it is. I consatntly see things i would love to have so i can learn more, but I dont know who makes the decisions to produce for places like Australia and so I may have to buy an all regions DVD player at great cost. Since seeing Terekhova as Myrtha i have wanted to see anything she does.

I assume this is the version without the Temple Destruction Act eh?

Is the picture & sound quality accetable on the DVD? I'm very tempted to get it too..

Jack

London

PS: Isn't it a CRIME (no other word will do) that the Kirov havent filmed or recorded the complete Bayadere 2001 reconstruction? If they ever do, I hope it's not with Gergiev -- his recording of the 1895 Swan Lake was very disappointing. Fedotov still rules!

I wish that they had filmed both the "Bayadere" and "Beauty" reconstructions.

There doesn't seem to be any plans to do film either one. The Sergeyev/Chabukiani

"Bayadere" is the version that's performed and toured.

' . . . I hope it's not with Gergiev -- his recording of the 1895 Swan Lake was very disappointing. Fedotov still rules!'

:innocent: Agreed: The corps could barely keep up with Gergiev's baton in the White Acts.