This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Eline Malegue and Nans Pierson

cygneblanc

Thank you so much for the news, cygneblanc!

It's a great program, and they'll have plenty of company among the terrific contigent of French dancers in the Company: Blanc, Molat, and Vilanoba, and maybe they'll get a sighting of Muriel Maffre.

Off-topic, but I never realized that Merola, after whom the young singers program at San Francisco Opera was names, was the founder of the San Francisco Ballet and the School:

San Francisco Ballet School

San Francisco Ballet School was established along with San Francisco Ballet in 1933 by Gaetano Merola, founding director of San Francisco Opera. Merola recognized the need for a thriving academy that would train dancers to appear in opera productions.

Well, it was hard for them to quit their friends and they were some tears at the airport when they left, but I'm more than happy they have found the strength to go. SFB is an amazing compagny and I'm sure they will learn more than their fellows with temporary positions at POB. They weren't the best of their classes and were aware of that, but they're still excellent dancers. SFB 's experience should provide them with some very strongs weapons allowing them to do well in the future.

At least one of them would like to come back in France next year but I really hope they can settle in the USA or somewhere else because of ballet's condition in France. it's really great SFB gave them a chance and I'm grateful to them for that. Not every POB's graduate has such a chance!

Well, it was hard for them to quit their friends and they were some tears at the airport when they left, but I'm more than happy they have found the strength to go. SFB is an amazing compagny and I'm sure they will learn more than their fellows with temporary positions at POB. They weren't the best of their classes and were aware of that, but they're still excellent dancers. SFB 's experience should provide them with some very strongs weapons allowing them to do well in the future.

At least one of them would like to come back in France next year but I really hope they can settle in the USA or somewhere else because of ballet's condition in France. it's really great SFB gave them a chance and I'm grateful to them for that. Not every POB's graduate has such a chance!

Well, I for one wish them merde. They must be very talented because it is a very competitive program to get into.