This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Empire Hotel bldg near Lincoln Center

Not directly ballet, but of interest to those who frequent NYCB and ABT at Lincoln Center. Not only did the Empire Hotel close awhile ago, but now it is being torn down. At first, it seemed they might just be converting it, and there was a sign for PJ Clarke's coming soon.

But, NYCB's Kristin Sloan posted in her blog about the Empire Deli closing. And, i just read today that Lincoln Stationers is closing after 30 years b/c the building is being torn down. I guess they plan to build a taller apt. builting.

For discount hounds, Lincoln Stationers' stuff is supposedly 50% off right now. They close Jan. 11. Silver lining?

-amanda

When I first moved into the area, Lincoln Stationers was across the street, in the ASCAP Building, next to Fiorello's. It is one of the last vestiges from three decades ago.

With the loss of the deli, it looks like there won't be many (any?) options for grabbing a cheap and really fast bite on the run before curtain.

Are you certain about the razing of the building? It was my understanding a couple of weeks ago, from one of the long-time tenants, that the interior will be totally renovated & individual units sold as coops or condos.

The article i read made it sound like they're razing it. BUt, maybe it's just an extensive renovation that takes over those spaces? I thought it strange since PJ Clarke's had a sign there...

-amanda