This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NY TIMES Dance critics...

Nice article just popped up in the NY TIMES on-line edition...dance critics write about NYCB dancers who have especially moved or impressed them.

I'm sure this story will be linked here soon...

For those who can't wait:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/30/arts/dance/30ball.html?hp

But Mr. Rockwell (in his Tom Gold piece) should not blame Mr. B for the Swan Lake that is soon to open a 12 performance run.

Not to begrudge those mentioned... their mentions... but I was hoping they'd be singling out more people who are not already soloists and principals, like Ramasar. I'm certainly happy to read about Bouder (no surprise there) and others, but when i first saw this article, I thought they'd be singling out those who others might not know about / who have not gotten lots of attention already.

That said, I'm grateful for any non-review attention to NYCB in the press!

Have a happy new year!

-amanda

The photograph of the dancers on the stairwell was not included when the article first ran on-line. It's great because the two women look very serious and the guys are having a big laugh over something. The photo session looks really impromptu, like someone at the Times sent the photographer over to the theatre at the last minute and they rounded up whoever they could find who got mentioned in the article.

Yes, that was odd...Damian did some NUTCRACKERs and is down for SWAN LAKE, but Nikolaj seems to constantly pull a vanishing act. He was announced for BAROCCO and SWAN LAKE and then his name disappeared, just as the picture came out in the TIMES.