This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Looks like it's released in japan already (R2 NTSC) for a hefty price Y5800.  But presumably the US R1 NTSC version should be coming soon.  Not sure why Japan seems to always get the releases first.

http://www.fairynet.co.jp/www/on-shop/html/av/DD-151435.html

-goro-

EvilNinjaX,

The US version has been available through the PBS link for a few weeks.

They are charging about $25 for the DVD

Here's the tinyurl link to the PBS offer

http://tinyurl.com/8h8ah

My issue is still that I'm concerned that it will match the telecast which was cut .

I don't think there was more than about an hour and 35 minutes of dancing shown on the telecast

Richard

Ah...... I didn't read the fine print. I'm too easy, I see the picture and the price and look no further.......

I'm still upset over the cuts

Richard

i feel your pain, brother. It's profoundly mind-boggling that this would be the case as Kevin McKenzie was expounding on how great it was that he could modify the ballet to cater to the medium (tv). And then they just do a simple vid-dump to DVD? *sigh* but at least it'll be and HD-master...

-goro-

The live performances in DC were also "cut," as it were, so it's not that they cut out scenes to make the DVD. They cut the production in all casts -- not just the cast that was filmed -- for the Kennedy Center performances. Don't know if that helps, but at least you know that a scene you liked isn't lying there, languishing, on the cutting room floor!

And Washington viewers who knew the production didn't rise up in protest? Didn't you guys feel insulted? I feel insulted that the DVD is incomplete, and I don't even have a dedicated player -- yet!

Maybe it's just my day to feel abused and taken for granted. :bash: