This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Korbes/Golbin

Stopped by the theatre on my way to the opera...Carla Korbes is listed as replacing Ansanelli in CONCERTO FOR 2 SOLO PIANOS tomorrow (Saturday) matinee. While I was there, the glamourous Pauline Golbin was giving a talk on the lower staircase...she looked absolutely stunning.

At the Met I saw a really moving BUTTERFLY...hockeyfan, did we once discuss Cynthia Lawrence? Well, she knocked me out tonight....if you want a good cry, go see her as Cio-Cio-San. Bring a large box of Kleenex.

Stopped by the theatre on my way to the opera...Carla Korbes is listed as replacing Ansanelli in CONCERTO FOR 2 SOLO  PIANOS tomorrow (Saturday) matinee. While I was there, the glamourous Pauline Golbin was giving a talk on the lower staircase...she looked absolutely stunning.

At the Met I saw a really moving BUTTERFLY...hockeyfan, did we once discuss Cynthia Lawrence? Well, she knocked me out tonight....if you want a good cry, go see her as Cio-Cio-San. Bring a large box of Kleenex.

Good for Carla Korbes!

And now for the off-topic stuff: yes, we did talk about Lawrence after her Tosca last year; I thought she gave one of the finest operatic performances I have ever heard live. It's wonderful to hear how moving she was in Butterfly! She should be a household name.

Perky,

It seemed to be a gathering of patrons, not a public forum, so I could not enter. I could hardly hear what she was saying but she was talking about the daily routine of a dancer. Then someone asked her "What is the dancer's relationship to the Company?" to which she replied: "The dancers ARE the Company..."

I adore her (and I hate the word "adore" but can't express it any other way)...

Golbin was giving a talk before those attending the semi-annual Evening with Friends at the Ballet, an event organized to bring in those who haven't attended or don't normally attend the ballet. Besides attending the performance, the attendees have an opportunity to learn more about the company, including through a talk by a dancer or dancers. The event is a great way the company tries to cultivate new audiences.

-amanda