This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Bang-Yourself-Over-The-Head Award '04!

Oh, yeah! :) I'm still cursing my laxness in buying a tkt for the B'chine Midsummer film at the Walter Reade, only to learn it was sold out well in advance. :wub: Also, I did buy a ticket for the "Balanchine on Film" lecture there, then totally forgot about it. :nixweiss:

I am sorry to have missed the Balanchine Nutcracker in Stamford that featured Paloma Herrera, Jock Soto and Monique Meunier. Not only did it fall at an inconvenient time (I could have made a little effort and gone), but when I added up the ticket (plus handling costs) and transportation, it was just too extravagant. Closer to home, I regret missing Megan Fairchild's SugarPlum, which I expected to appear more often than it did. Next year.

Thanks, Leigh, for taking care of the sackcloth and ashes.

Zenaida Yanowsky's Sylvia with the Royal in November. When buying the tickets I'd figured that two Sylvias would be enough, and I wanted to see some theater in London. But even after reading the terrible reviews for the new West End mounting of Becket and enjoying my first two Sylvias, I stuck with the play, which was dee-readful. I'd have had a much better time at the ballet. :bash:

Well, I suppose this is only somewhat ballet related - but I skipped out on Nederlands Dans Theatre to see more castings than necessary of ABT's Romeo and Juliet, and also Julio Bocca's Ballet Argentino...the latter was less than thrilling to say the least, and I could have forsaken at least one of those R&Js to see NDT. Then, everyone who went to NDT proceeded to tell me how much I missed and how great it was...