This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Out-of-print

Guest thedancingpineapple

Allegra Kent once published a book called Allegra Kent's water beauty book, and from what I've heard, it seems like a fairly interesting book, the only problem is, it was published in 1977 and is out of print. Anyone know where I might be able to find it? :)

Edited by thedancingpineapple

You can get some out of print books from Amazon -- click on the link at the top of the page and do a search.

www.alibris.com is all used books -- they list books from little shops all over the country.

I've bought from both amazon and alibris with no problems. I know there are other used booksellers on the net, but I don't have their urls -- others may.

Good luck!

Thanks so much guys! I found one on bookfinder.com for $140. just wish i had $140... I guess I'll check the library! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Keep checking. The prices go up and down -- one book I was watching was at $160 (I didn't buy it.) About three months later, a friend saw the same thing for $69. That's still steep, but it is cheaper.

On the other hand, libraries are free. On the third hand, you'll be lucky if they have a full shelf of dance books!

Good luck, and let us know how you fare -- and what you think of the book!

I remember this book when it first came out. Had I known how rare it would become, I would have nabbed a copy. But -- to suggest one more possible source: If there is a university near you with a dance program, they might have a dance dept. library. The university I attend for the dance major program has a small but comprehensive dance library, which collection has been compiled largely through donations since the 1940s.

And, for all those dancers who are sorting out their various dance publications and thinking of tossing old ones in the garbage or putting them in a yard sale, please do contact your local college first. If they have a dance dept., they might have a dance library. (If they don't have a dance library, they should start one!)

It's an interesting book, but the online prices mentioned seem frightfully high. I'd definitely look around at any local bookstores that sell used copies. I've seen used copies on sale for far less than that -- after seeing that $140 quote I'm rather sorry I didn't nab it, although it wasn't a book I was sweating to own. :unsure: