This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Current Dancer News

10 hours ago, Helene said:

Price Suddarth has choreographed a work for Kansas City Ballet's "New Moves" program that opens Thursday and runs through March 31.

3 hours ago, Helene said:

Olympic Ballet Theatre will perform a work by Kyle Davis in its New Works program:

I'm very glad for both of these projects.  I think both of these artists have potential as choreographers, but the way to learn to make dances is to seek out opportunities to make dances.  It's a trick to fit these out-of-the-building projects into their rehearsal and performance schedules, but it's what needs to happen.

In the video in the first link, Peter Boal speaks to Ezra Thomson, Price Suddarth, and James Yoichi Moore about being a dancer and father:

https://linktr.ee/pacificnorthwestballet

We learn that Moore and his wife Kristen had a second child less than a month ago, a girl :flowers:.  And Boal mentioned that there are others in the company who are expecting, but he didn't mention who or if it was the dancers who were pregnant.

There's been no news from the company, and her Instagram account is private.  I only follow maybe ten current and former dancers on any social media, and if one of her colleagues mentioned it in their public social media --  which would count as official news-- I likely wouldn't know, but I'm sure someone would have posted by now.

I just look at cast lists and hope to see her dance again.  What a phenomenal dancer she is.