This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Frightening news from Britain -- can it happen here?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 felursus

felursus

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for posting the link, Kevin. I had forgotten that vital fact of historical interest about Sir Fred having actually seen the Act III performed by the Ballet Clasico de los Galapagos. I guess it would have stayed with him - as one of the national dances performed in the Act III is the blue-footed booby dance. I heard that when the Ballet Clasico de los Galapagos took Giselle on tour they ran into a problem when they ran out of blue dye for the toe shoes of the girls doing the booby dance and the local shops were unable to supply any. I heard they had to substitute green instead and rely on blue gels over the lights to make the girls' feet look blue. Oh, the joys of touring!

#17 Sonja

Sonja

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 02:18 AM

Thanks for posting this link, Kevin!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):