This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Frightening news from Britain -- can it happen here?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 felursus

felursus

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for posting the link, Kevin. I had forgotten that vital fact of historical interest about Sir Fred having actually seen the Act III performed by the Ballet Clasico de los Galapagos. I guess it would have stayed with him - as one of the national dances performed in the Act III is the blue-footed booby dance. I heard that when the Ballet Clasico de los Galapagos took Giselle on tour they ran into a problem when they ran out of blue dye for the toe shoes of the girls doing the booby dance and the local shops were unable to supply any. I heard they had to substitute green instead and rely on blue gels over the lights to make the girls' feet look blue. Oh, the joys of touring!

#17 Sonja

Sonja

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 02:18 AM

Thanks for posting this link, Kevin!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):