This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

World Ballet Day-Oct 1 2014

Offical video posting from SFB:

<snip>

Wow, that footage of Yuan Yuan Tan was gorgeous. Makes me wish I could watch more than just a few minutes.

Totally agree. Next time somebody asks, 'What makes a ballerina'?, I'd suggest referring them to the center floor combination starting at about 3.08. In just a few seconds, you have the answer.

It's a shame they could only provide such a short glimpse of the entire broadcast. I know there are rights and licensing, etc, etc, issues, but it really is a pity.

Wow, that footage of Yuan Yuan Tan was gorgeous. Makes me wish I could watch more than just a few minutes.

The "highlights" just made me nostalgic for the full (or at least 'fuller') versions of the rehearsals. ;)

Some of the best footage of Tan was left out, actually. But they seemed to devote about 5 minutes to each rehearsal and we get what we get. But, to actually see this much legal footage of SFB dancers is a big deal. Still, they have such a long ways to go to catch up to NYCB with regards to videos.