• 3,707 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lovely! Love this ballet. The group age of the female characters is that of the one I usually identify those of the Nutcracker. That's why I never had a problem with the adults onstage. If one take,for instance, the dancers at MCB, there would be no problem at all making them play young adolescents. They are so tiny in real life..! Now ,with dancers like Part or Gomes..that's a different story.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:53 AM

oops

#4 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

#5 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

As a teenager I used to go to the Festival Ballet and loved them, I even was a founder member of their Supporters Club.  Thank you so much for revoking lovely old memories.

#6 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

The Drummer Boy Solo. such jaunty music, and the early experience of choreography for the Guys, and the lovely melody of the Sylphide  and the Scotsman Pas de deux. This was during the time of my introduction to the world of Ballet, an enjoyment I have cherished for all of my life, and which is still close to my heart today.

#7 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

The problem with reviving these 'old ballets' is, I suspect, that we think the version we saw was the best!  I certainly feel that way about my version by the then named "Ballet Theatre"---the cast included David Lichine, Riabouchinska, Alicia Alonso, Rosella Hightower and the sexiest drummer boy, ever - John Kriza.

and I might add - Eglevsky and Tommy Rall were sometimes cast members......

#8 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

A colleague of mine was a student of Kriza's at some point, and was so enthusiastic about him I wondered if she could be telling the truth, but apparently she was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):