This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ashton Festival, April 30 - May 3, 2014

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

'Package' Tickets now on sale and going quickly:

http://sarasotaballe...ashton-festival

April 2014 update - The schedule now shows the ballets but only the times for the conference sessions. Hopefully that will be updated soon.

#2 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

I find it crazy for them to ask us to subscribe without any info at all about what ballets they will perform. I think it would be fine to have a few TBD ballets but SOME of the works should be listed. We shouldn't have to purchase blindly with zero idea of what might play.

#3 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

I know, Birdsall. However, I am most interested in the four-day symposium, to be be held in the tiny, jewel-box Historic Asolo Theatre, which seats very few. The 3pm films will also be there...I may/may not go to those, depending on whether or not they are novelties. (Hey, my hotel near downtown has a great pool & that's important too.)

I'll be in Sarasota next week for the Les Illuminations program. Will 'fish around' for any new details and report here. happy.png

#4 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Is that the NYCB on the Ashton promo on the Sarasota website?    The ABT Spring brochure contains a central photo of the Joffrey performing Ashton.  How strange.

#5 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I am not sure either what ballets they will be performing but I assume they will be the ones they did last season and this season. Natalia, maybe I will meet you. I teach at SB.

#6 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Puppy, you may be confusing the town in upstate NY with the city in central Florida.

Thanks, balletgirl22sk. :)

#7 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

Nat, the picture on the website seen at the link above looks very similar to the one in the recent NYCB Koch program, doesn't it?

#8 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Nat, the picture on the website seen at the link above looks very similar to the one in the recent NYCB Koch program, doesn't it?

Sorry, what link? I don't see any Ashton Cinderella pic that may come from the Joffrey, as you hinted at earlier.

As for the Serenade photo at the top of the Sarasota site, I believe that is of the Sarasota Ballet, as Serenade will be danced in next week's program (along with Illuminations and Who Cares?).

#9 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Sorry, what link? I don't see any Ashton Cinderella pic that may come from the Joffrey, as you hinted at earlier.

As for the Serenade photo at the top of the Sarasota site, I believe that is of the Sarasota Ballet, as Serenade will be danced in next week's program (along with Illuminations and Who Cares?).

The Aston "Cinderella" picture is in the ABT spring ticket brochure that I received in the mail.

I think that "Serenade" picture on the Sarasota site is in a Koch Theatre Fall playbill, too (NYCB or ABT, I would have to check.)

#10 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

The Serenade picture at the top of the SB website is indeed SB.

#11 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Below is the link to a nice preview article of the Ashton/Balanchine program. The opening night (this Friday, Nov 22) coincides with the 100th Birthday of Benjamin Britten, composer of Les Illuminations. So how cool is that?

http://www.thebraden..._by_balanchine/

#12 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Who else on this board is going to this? I am.

#13 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

I hope to attend the final night of this festival.

#14 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

I wish I were...and am very much looking forward to reading reports..

#15 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

I wish I were...and am very much looking forward to reading reports..

Me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):