This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Irina Dvorovenko to retire from ABT on May 18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

As reported by NYT:

http://artsbeat.blog...eater/?ref=arts

#2 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well this is a shame, in my opinion.

#3 lmspear

lmspear

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I hope the open slot gets filled with one of the soloists that have been undeservedly stacked up in a holding pattern for so long.

#4 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

She was always the best dressed dancer at the galas. Now there will be no reason for me to stay for the final bows at the opening night galas. She has stunning taste in clothing and always looks like a runway model. If she were doing something other than Onegin as her final show, I would definitely have gone to her farewell.

#5 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thank you for posting this, mussel. This news was posted first in the ABT forum. To avoid having duplicate threads, I am closing this thread and asking future posters to add their comments to the first thread, here.

#6 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Thank you, mussel.

A member posted this a few minutes before you in the ABT forum.. In order to have two parallel threads, I am closing this one and asking members to post their comments on the thread that was started first, here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):