Oksana Skorik Swan Lake rehearsal videoFound on Youtube...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

This is only a short video, but I found it on Youtube and thought other forum members may enjoy watching it too. It is Oksana Skorik and her partner Timur Askerov in Swan Lake rehearsal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

#2 Angelique

Angelique

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

Very swan-like. Thank you!

#3 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

Very promising! The distorted alignment (a la Somova) at 1:34 is disappointing though.

#4 Angelique

Angelique

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Very promising! The distorted alignment (a la Somova) at 1:34 is disappointing though.

Just out of interest I took a second look at the frame @ 1:34 and thought it absolutely beautiful. Wing like working leg creates a metaphor for a bird ready to take to the skies. In this particular case square hips would render the pose less dynamic, even stale.

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Saw her live once and couldn't believe that particular performance...(to the point of embarrasment, if IMO... :speechless-smiley-003: )

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

I've moved the posts about the current aesthetics of the Mariinsky Ballet to the following thread:

http://balletalert.i...riinsky-ballet/

#7 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

More videos have been uploaded from this rehearsal session- there is a playlist at http://www.youtube.c...38E9BA29000596C

She really is so lovely to watch!

#8 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Not at all impressed with Skorik, who massacred CHOPINIANA at the Kennedy Center last night, sorry to report. This is sad because I admired her in the documentary of her struggles at the Perm Academy of Ballet (ca-2006/07) and was hoping for much more. Not sure why she has become so brittle and lacking in poetic feeling or musicality (almost a face of anger throughout a Romantic poem of a ballet).

#9 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,239 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I told you so, Natasha..! What I saw was not an off night. It was just an unprepared dancer thrown out to the stage way before her time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):