This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Oksana Skorik Swan Lake rehearsal videoFound on Youtube...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

This is only a short video, but I found it on Youtube and thought other forum members may enjoy watching it too. It is Oksana Skorik and her partner Timur Askerov in Swan Lake rehearsal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

#2 Angelique

Angelique

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

Very swan-like. Thank you!

#3 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

Very promising! The distorted alignment (a la Somova) at 1:34 is disappointing though.

#4 Angelique

Angelique

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Very promising! The distorted alignment (a la Somova) at 1:34 is disappointing though.

Just out of interest I took a second look at the frame @ 1:34 and thought it absolutely beautiful. Wing like working leg creates a metaphor for a bird ready to take to the skies. In this particular case square hips would render the pose less dynamic, even stale.

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Saw her live once and couldn't believe that particular performance...(to the point of embarrasment, if IMO... :speechless-smiley-003: )

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

I've moved the posts about the current aesthetics of the Mariinsky Ballet to the following thread:

http://balletalert.i...riinsky-ballet/

#7 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

More videos have been uploaded from this rehearsal session- there is a playlist at http://www.youtube.c...38E9BA29000596C

She really is so lovely to watch!

#8 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Not at all impressed with Skorik, who massacred CHOPINIANA at the Kennedy Center last night, sorry to report. This is sad because I admired her in the documentary of her struggles at the Perm Academy of Ballet (ca-2006/07) and was hoping for much more. Not sure why she has become so brittle and lacking in poetic feeling or musicality (almost a face of anger throughout a Romantic poem of a ballet).

#9 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,397 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I told you so, Natasha..! What I saw was not an off night. It was just an unprepared dancer thrown out to the stage way before her time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):