This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Alternative Pas de deuxYour favourite less well known Pas de deux

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

I am very eagerly looking forward to ABT's upcoming performances of The Flames of Paris pdd. I find it very charming and not yet done to death.

#17 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

[size="6"][/size]

I am very eagerly looking forward to ABT's upcoming performances of The Flames of Paris pdd. I find it very charming and not yet done to death.

Carbro :lol: I have heard the music to Flames of Paris Pas de deux, on a Bolshoi CD I have in my music collection. It is very impressive. However, is this the same as the Esmeralda P.D.D. ? I used to have this on an old Video, taken at a Gala performance in the Business Exhibition Centre, when the Bolshoi came to London a very long time ago. This was very lovely , sensitive leading from Esmeralda's sadness into happiness when she dances with a tambourine. Are we talking about the same Ballet, or am I on a totally different wave length?

#18 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:45 PM

Another suggestion Anyuta (Choreography Vasiliev) danced by himself and Ekaterina Maximove, can be seen on the DVD Essential Ballet, staged at Covent Garden and in Red Square, Moscow. Plus the Leaves are fading(Tudor) on the same DvD Altynai Asl. and her husband Konstatin Zaklinsky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):