• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Oh, I'm a fan already. As per today I think she's finally been recognized by the killer Cuban balletomanes as the real inheritance of the old school. Viengsay had been thrilling everyone with her beyond-reality technique, but she lacks the aura Delgado projects. I personally saw the raising of Viengsay, which really didn't occur until Feijoo and Carreno had defected, which allowed her to fight for the Prima position in people's minds. She certainly got it...until now. Now people is starting to remember what was like having lyricism and poetry on the Cuban stage.

Here's a clip of Delgado in "Sylphides". This is the infamous,controversial version that Alonso has and which she staged without the permission of the Fokine Trust, which forbade her to show it onstage the last time the Cubans toured US. Alonso, as usual, did this version on carbon copy of that she said was being taught personally by her by Fokine. The 5 Jewels also danced this version during the late 50's, and had helped keep it alive within the Cuban repertoire.

#17 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

Thank you for bringing Delgado to light. In the La Sylphide and Giselle Act II clips, she was truly a lithograph come to life -- absolutely enchanting. :thumbsup: Makes you realize what a rarity a truly 'romantic' ballerina is these days. What I wouldn't give to see her in the complete ballets.

By contrast, in Diana and Acteon and Esmeralda I thought she looked tentative and much less at ease than she does in the romantic ballets. Clearly she's not a highly technical dancer (and more power to her).

Slightly OT, but what happened to Aurora's entrance and Rose Adagio choreography? Not to mention sending somebody wearing pointe shoes down a long, steep flight of steps (no hand rail or 'spotter' that I could see).

#18 anettefan

anettefan

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Thank you for bringing Delgado to light. In the La Sylphide and Giselle Act II clips, she was truly a lithograph come to life -- absolutely enchanting. :thumbsup: Makes you realize what a rarity a truly 'romantic' ballerina is these days. What I wouldn't give to see her in the complete ballets.

By contrast, in Diana and Acteon and Esmeralda I thought she looked tentative and much less at ease than she does in the romantic ballets. Clearly she's not a highly technical dancer (and more power to her).

Slightly OT, but what happened to Aurora's entrance and Rose Adagio choreography? Not to mention sending somebody wearing pointe shoes down a long, steep flight of steps (no hand rail or 'spotter' that I could see).

Anette is still unsure of her technical prowess, and is not exactly fond of displays a-la-Valdes, she is cautious to a fault. Her personality is in fact more suited to romantic pieces than classical; in person she is very shy and unassuming, and not diva-like at all, standing next to her you will notice she is a dancer, but never in a million years would think she is a principal in a ballet company. As for the choreography, it is what Alonso has set for her production, dating back to 1973. In this revival the only thing that was changed was set and costumes, the set not much different in layout from the original. Posh it is certainly not, very poor compared to what the Bolshoi or the Royal or Paris Opera have. If you have watched the cuban production of DQ and I have a clip of her in the Dulcinea portion of it with the Royal Danish, and the cuban prod by Valdes, also in youtube, you'll see the abysmal difference, it looks like a totally different ballet. I shall post the third act pas de deux at the Royal Danish shortly for comparison sakes.

#19 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

I did not realise she had a website. .

http://www.anettedelgado.com/1.html
:wub:

#20 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

I loved her Sugar Plum Fairy... :off topic:
Here's the whole PDD. Her Cavalier is Primer Bailarin Romel Frometa
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#21 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Anette as the Sylph, in La Sylphide

and in The Leaves are Fading

enjoy!! :wallbash:

#22 anettefan

anettefan

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Anette as the Sylph, in La Sylphide

and in The Leaves are Fading

enjoy!! :thumbsup:

I am very glad you liked it, You can also post your comments in youtube for her to read. :thanks:

#23 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

I loved her, particularly as the Sylph. she is so expressive...she reminds me a lot of a younger Martha Garcia.

#24 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

An interesting film of Anette's debut as Giselle, filmed from the wings...

and at courtain calls and post performance...

#25 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:52 AM

Here are six lengthy YouTube clips of Delgado (who looks about 10 years old) and Gili rehearsing Giselle, Act 1. To us nonprofessionals, it's fascinating to watch the process of creating a character; you can see Giselle despite the grungy rehearsal clothes and plastic lawn chair.

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3
Clip 4
Clip 5
Clip 6

#26 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Miss Delgado in Alonso-after-Nijinska/Hertel rendition of "La Fille Mal Gardee". Just beautiful.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Part # 2 here...
http://ballettalk.in...mp;#entry268258

#27 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

A very recent clip of MIss Delgado in the Black Swan PDD from a gala performance during the November Ballet Festival in Havana.

#28 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,217 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Happy New Year from Fee Dragee Delgado, Fedorova style! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):