This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Season Opening of "Swan Lake"

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:21 PM

Hurry, the run ends tomorrow. Seeing the swan corps was certainly worth the trip. Gabriella Yudenich had many nice roles during Swan Lake. In addition to the beautiful Big Swan role, she also did Czardas and Can Can. Another young new corps member, Abi Mentzer is also a stand out. She performed in the Pas deQuatre and Cygnets. Apprentice Jermel Johnson was a stand out in the Pas de Trois. PA Ballet has a number of very promising younger dancers on the rise. With the addition of Julie Diana , Zach Hench and Riolama Lorenzo in the last few years, the company is coming on strong. Don't miss it.

#17 driver of a dancer

driver of a dancer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

We saw the Sunday October 2 , 2pm performance.
The four little swans were precision with a capital P, precision even to the breathing. !!!
All corps dances were equally precise.

#18 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:25 AM

Unfortunately, I did not make it. I am so sorry I missed this, but I do appreciate everyone's detailed impressions of the company and a number of its dancers.

I need to go refresh myself as to who is in PA Ballet II and keep my eyes peeled for their names as well - though I do recognize several.

Great to read so much good news about this company - as well as Wheeldon's Swan Lake, too. :shake:

#19 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:31 PM

The PA Ballet II website has not been updated yet this season. The new dancers have not been added and the dancers promoted to apprenticeships are not yet removed from the PBII site.

#20 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:43 PM

Yes, lillianna........and the company's dancers page is not updated either to include new members and all the promoted apprentices to corps. You can go to press releases and read the bios on the new PAB II group and also read the press release on the new roster to PAB for '05-'06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):