Abt In Oc - Casting ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_yardred_*

Guest_yardred_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:15 AM

The Dream is a really interesting 1 act ballet and I look forward to seeing it again with Stiefel and Ferri. Perfect role for Ethan since he can move so quickly.

#17 OCBalletMom

OCBalletMom

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:22 PM

Attended the Wednesday evening performance of The Dream, Pas de Deux, and Harrison Tribute. Was able to get GREAT seats even though we waited until just before the show to purchase them. First tier, box seats - a very nice viewing location.

The Dream was beautiful. It was my first time watching Alessandra Ferri and I thought she was very lovely as Titania. Ethan Stiefel as Oberon was also very good, but Herman Cornejo as Puck was my favorite! Amazing leaps and turns and the perfect personality for this part.

The set was gorgeous and costumes spectacular. And the music was so well performed by both the symphony and Chapman University women's chorus. The whole performance was everything I expected and more!

The pas de deux featured Paloma and Gennadi Saveliev. Not my favorite pairing, but both are such amazing dancers.

Enjoyed the Harrison Tribute - some parts more than others. My favorite was My Sweet Lord with the full cast. I also enjoyed Within You Without You with Marcelo and Isn't it a Pity. I loved Angel Corella in Something, he's such a great dancer to watch - everything except his helicopter arms. Some of the choreography was just okay but I really enjoyed the playfulness of My Sweet Lord and it seemed the dancers really enjoyed dancing it, very whimsical.

Can't wait for Don Q on Saturday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):