This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Katharine Hepburn 1907-2003

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

First Gregory Peck and now Kate Hepburn.

I remember seeing her at ABT a few times and seem to recall reading she influenced someone at the Australian Ballet (but I can't remember who)

For those in NY, it's only one for 2 more weeks, but the off-Broadway show "Tea at Five" with Kate Mulgrew playing Ms. Hepburn is fantastic. The resemblence is uncanny.
And I will be always be thankful for the acceptance Hepburn brought to wearing pants!

#2 BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:27 PM

I'm so sad to have lost these two. Here is a link to the NY Times' obituary about Katharine Hepbun.

#3 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 06:47 PM

I remember reading in the old Life magazine that Hepburn said that she just wanted to be remembered as a "good old broad".

Here's to a GREAT old broad! One helluva run, Kate!

#4 grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:57 AM

#5 atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:48 AM

No, not sad. We should all live to 96 as well as she did.

#6 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

True. I recall reading that her health has been poor of late, so while it is a loss for us I hope it was a graceful release for her.

#7 Patricia

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:58 AM

There is a nice appreciation of Ms. Hepburn in this week's NEW YORKER. Accompanying the text are 2 portraits of her taken by Richard Avedon (circa 1950's). In one of them she resembles Martha Graham.

#8 balletshuttle

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:26 AM

My favorite actress of all time. She will be missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):