This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Here's R's recon. Enjoy it.😎

On 3/3/2024 at 1:56 AM, jorge said:

Thanks you for share ,will watch it . i think it should be as good or even better than the version from Ballet Opera de Paris 

I have seen the three attempts at restoring the original fourth act wedding/temple destruction, namely Makarova's, Vikharev's and now Ratmansky's.

This is the most comprehensive one.

19 hours ago, cubanmiamiboy said:

I have seen the three attempts at restoring the original fourth act wedding/temple destruction, namely Makarova's, Vikharev's and now Ratmansky's.

This is the most comprehensive one.

i seen it and is great ..is the first time i see the 4th act and is great and is almost like Petipa wrote on the libretto ... 

Finally had a chance to see this. Thanks @cubanmiamiboy for drawing attention to the posting and to Amy Growcott for doing the posting...I can't figure out who is responsible for the video--is it Amy Growcott's video? In any case, it is excellent for getting the overall sense of the production and I appreciate being able to see the whole stage picture throughout. I can't help wishing there was also a polished/professional HD video produced for broadcast--which this doesn't seem to have been--where the lighting/visuals would be better and we might get an occasional closer look at things. (Perhaps Berlin could consider this the next time the production is revived? Forlorn hope probably.)

I agree with you about the visuals. I have seen the production in person and this video doesn't do it justice.
But it's a nice document to have of it and still very interesting to compare with other productions.