This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2020-2021 roster changes and promotions

Peter Boal announced 3 promotions during the First Look to the Future virtual gala:

• Cecilia Iliesiu to soloist
  • Angelica Generosa to principal
  • Dylan Wald to principal

All well deserved!

Kuu Sakuragi is listed in the corps. It looks like Calista Ruat and Madison Taylor have left, did I miss anyone?

19 hours ago, Grace8 said:

Kuu Sakuragi is listed in the corps. It looks like Calista Ruat and Madison Taylor have left, did I miss anyone?

Thank you Grace8 for starting this thread.  I was just about to do it myself so the newly promoted dancers receive their recognition on this forum!

Also if you like to follow these details, on the PNB Blog re: promotions, it notes three new apprentices hired from the PNB School Professional Division:  Malena Ani, Connor Horton, and Noah Martzall.

I am so excited Kuu Sakuragi has been hired into the corp!  I was sad when he was not hired upon finishing PNB School and got a job at Alberta Ballet.   One Halloween on PNB FB they posted him dressed up like a superhero doing all these amazing turns.  He is has a lot of spirit and is a lot of fun to watch.  

During the First Look to the Future virtual gala it looked to me that Cecilia Ilesiu's and Angelica Generosa's footage was from Rep 1 (Red Angels and Odile, respectively).  But Dylan Wald got to debut as Apollo dancing with Lesley Rausch as Terpsichore and I really enjoyed his interpretation.