This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SC show - Means, Fairchilld, Indiana, Emilie in Brahams

I'd love to hear some good words/encouragement about this show I'm going to see...with my ballet daughters ages 11 and 13:

On Sunday, 3/29, we are driving 3 hours to Columbia, SC to see the University ballet program put on Brahams Schoenburg, Raymonda and a Martha Graham solo (Ekstasis) by Sara Means.

The NYCB principals + soloists coming to perform are: Sara Means, Megan Fairchild, Emilie Gerrity and Indiana Woodward.  Also, Taylor Stanley, Joe Gordon, Andy Veyette and Tyler Angle.

I am very familiar with all these dancers and have become a huge fan of the Balanchine/NYCB rep!  I have traveled to Lincoln Center to see (2) Balanchine programs with my little daughters

as well as Swan Lake. I love what I see of the two ballets above from their videos online.  It is only $35 (!!!)  for fourth row and we are staying in a hotel with points. As a mom of five, it's hard for me to get away anywhere and this worked great!

That sounds like a wonderful show!! Brahms Schoenberg and Raymonda Variations are fabulous. I'm sure the Graham solo will be cool too!

And what a great group of dancers! I love Sara Mearns in pretty much anything, and she is a hurricane in Brahms Schoenberg. Joe Gordon can do no wrong in my eyes. Please report back with your thoughts! 🙂

Edited by mille-feuille