This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

David Hallberg to become Principal Guest at RoyalBallet

10 minutes ago, canbelto said:

I imagine this means he will dance with ABT even less, if that's even possible.

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/david-hallberg-returns-to-the-royal-ballet-as-principal-guest-artist

Yeah, I don't think that's possible.

This explains why ABT has cast Forster alongside Murphy in Giselle March 29 (since Hallberg is doing SL w/ the Royal March 11). They're still holding a TBA Feb 15 in DC w/ Murphy (for Hallberg? Unless he finds a more preferable performance/partner somewhere else?).

7 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

This explains why ABT has cast Forster alongside Murphy in Giselle March 29 (since Hallberg is doing SL w/ the Royal March 11). They're still holding a TBA Feb 15 in DC w/ Murphy (for Hallberg? Unless he finds a more preferable performance/partner somewhere else?).

Maybe, but hasn't it been several years since Hallberg has appeared with ABT in anything but the Met season? I'd be surprised to see him appearing on the road with them these days, though perhaps it would be one of his last opportunities to dance this role with Murphy, and they do have a special rapport. 

At least the Royal Ballet has the good sense to call Hallberg a principal guest artist. 

14 hours ago, fondoffouettes said:

Maybe, but hasn't it been several years since Hallberg has appeared with ABT in anything but the Met season? I'd be surprised to see him appearing on the road with them these days, though perhaps it would be one of his last opportunities to dance this role with Murphy, and they do have a special rapport. 

At least the Royal Ballet has the good sense to call Hallberg a principal guest artist. 

I agree, but I find it odd that that slot is still TBA and not filed in with Forster since he’s performing this the following month with Murphy. That’s why I think they’re holding it for someone. Maybe not.