This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker Quiz

33 minutes ago, The Traveling Ballerina said:

The Nutcracker has been a huge part of half my life, but there are some interesting facts that I only just recently learned. So I decided to put together a quiz that includes questions about the history, music, and plot of the ballet. Hope you find it fun and perhaps educational, too! :)

💯😁 I did have a lucky guess for the last question.

But my understanding is that the original ballet followed not the Hoffman story but the Dumas adaption of the story.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nutcracker_and_the_Mouse_King

So I,m not sure I understand the wording of the first two questions...

Christensen Nutcracker ran from 1944 to 2004.... Balanchine's premiered in 1954 and is still running, so hasn't it overtaken Christensen's "longest running" crown?

Edited by Amy Reusch
On 12/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, Amy Reusch said:

But my understanding is that the original ballet followed not the Hoffman story but the Dumas adaption of the story.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nutcracker_and_the_Mouse_King

So I,m not sure I understand the wording of the first two questions...

Hi Amy,

The first question asked what book "The Nutcracker" is based on, and that is "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King". Perhaps I could have phrased the second question more clearly to ask who the original author of the book is. Thanks for the feedback!

On 12/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, Amy Reusch said:

Christensen Nutcracker ran from 1944 to 2004.... Balanchine's premiered in 1954 and is still running, so hasn't it overtaken Christensen's "longest running" crown?

Christensen's Nutcracker is still alive and strong; in fact, I saw Ballet West's performance just a couple of weeks ago :)