This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Summer in New York

My apologies if this has been posted somewhere already, but I just noticed that the Australian Ballet is booked at the Theater-formerly-known-as-the-State-Theater from June 12-17, 2012, immediately after the close of the NYCB season:

http://www.davidhkochtheater.org/eventsupcoming.html

Assuming that ABT will still be in residence at the Met, this might make for a worthwhile trip for us out-of-towners, if we can straddle three companies in a week or so.

Australian Ballet is a fine company, and hopefully, they'll bring worthy rep. My first subscription performance at Pacific Northwest Ballet in 1994 was Australian Ballet in the Ashton "La Fille mal gardee", back when PNB occasionally added a guest company performance to their season, and I got to see a very young, very lovely Lucinda Dunn as Lise. She's still with the company, as well as Madeleine Eastoe who gave knockout performances when I saw the company in 2002 in Melbourne. Eastoe had a part in the film of "Mao's Last Dancer" as Lori. It's great to see them both on the roster, and, hopefully, they'll make it to NYC.