This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

There was a Lopatkina gala televised on Russian tv and the usual warhorses are there but there's one number that I found baffling. A person comes out in a black tuxedo and hat. Very androgynous. A closeup reveals it's actually Lopatkina. Her hair is her offstage short red crop, and she does this weird little jazzy dance with ballroom dancing shoes. It's more Dancing With the Stars than ballet.

Does anyone know what this piece was, who choreographed it, and whether Lopatkina still dances it? It really seems a strange piece for her.

There was a Lopatkina gala televised on Russian tv and the usual warhorses are there but there's one number that I found baffling. A person comes out in a black tuxedo and hat. Very androgynous. A closeup reveals it's actually Lopatkina. Her hair is her offstage short red crop, and she does this weird little jazzy dance with ballroom dancing shoes. It's more Dancing With the Stars than ballet.

Does anyone know what this piece was, who choreographed it, and whether Lopatkina still dances it? It really seems a strange piece for her.

Could it be Tango, by Androsov? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_uAMQNpIhk

Could it be Tango, by Androsov? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_uAMQNpIhk

:blink:

Yes that's it. My oh my, not something I ever expected Lopatkina to dance.

Well, Petit's Saturday Night Fever could be even more shocking: the piece is exactly what you would expect from the title. She danced it at Petit 85th Birthday Gala (broadcasted by Russian TV Kultura).

It's not likely to find it on youtube because Petit is very strict and stingy with his copyright.