This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB at SPAC starts next week

If you haven't been to SPAC (and even if you have), it's well worth going. The setting is beautiful (in the middle of the woods),

and it's fun to see the dancers in this venue. On top of this, Saratoga Springs itself is beautiful -- especially the

buildings. Best of it SPAC is so easy to get to from NYC, NJ, Conn., Massachusetts and most East Coast cities.

There's even a train that goes right to Saratoga Springs. I'm heading there for two days in less than two weeks. I'm so looking forward to it!

Trains are easy but not conveniently scheduled. Return to NYC on a train from Saratoga at 9:43 a.m. or on a bus-train connection in Albany at 3:53 pm.

Trailways offers more options, but still nothing after an evening performance.

Theoretically, Greyhound also operates between Saratoga Springs and NYC, but I'm unable to pull up a schedule. :angry2:

Best of it SPAC is so easy to get to from NYC, ...

"Easy" is relative.

Trains are easy but not conveniently scheduled. Return to NYC on a train from Saratoga at 9:43 a.m. or on a bus-train connection in Albany at 3:53 pm.

Trailways offers more options, but still nothing after an evening performance.

Theoretically, Greyhound also operates between Saratoga Springs and NYC, but I'm unable to pull up a schedule. :angry2:

Best of it SPAC is so easy to get to from NYC, ...

"Easy" is relative.

Carbro -- I didn't realize that trains didn't run after an evening performance. It would behoove SPAC to have a Saratoga/NYC bus

after the curtain falls (maybe they do? Not sure). I must admit that I'm staying up there for a couple of days and driving. I do know that many of the NYCB dancers take the train up there -- then again they stay for a few weeks.

I'm guessing that SPAC (the box office itself) might be helpful (at least they'll have a schedule) with travel suggestions (for those that

don't want to/can't stay overnight).

Thought for next year -- a Ballet Talk sponsored trip to SPAC? (I have room for three others in my car and it might be possible -- and not too costly -- to charter a bus for a reasonable fee).

If you are a NYCB Guild member (and have your card with you), SPAC offers a 10% discount on tickets purchased on the day of the performance. I just did this for Wed. night, Thurs. matinee and Thurs. night and got a good seat every time.

Also, if you stay in town and don't have a car, there is a trolley that runs out to SPAC once or twice an hour until 8PM and costs 75 cents/ride. To get back to town after the evening performances, get the name of one of the taxi companies, call at the second intermission and schedule a pick-up at the Hall of Springs entrance. They're very reliable.