This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I saw this documentary over the weekend and quite enjoyed it. The film follows dancers through the auditions for the revival of "A Chorus Line". I haven't seen "A Chorus Line" before, but nonetheless found the interviews engaging and the film certainly made me want to see it! Jacques d'Amboise makes a brief appearance, as his daughter Charlotte auditioned for the role of Cassie. I'd recommend checking it out if it's playing in your area!

Thanks for posting, Paquita. I've seen a number of reviews but don't think it's made it to my area yet. Has anyone else seen it?

I saw it a few weeks when I got a free preview pass. I loved it. The film takes you through the lengthy audition prospect of the revival, while giving you the history of the original production of A Chorus Line. I'd highly recommend it, not only to dancers and dance enthusiasts but to anyone.

I've been waiting for it to reach my neck of the woods, but discovered yesterday that it has already been here! It's playing in isolated small cinemas that show independent films. I found one an hour away, and will be going to see it this afternoon. Am looking forward to it.

I'd also like to see this. It has to do with the auditioning process for the 2006 Broadway revival. Here's a link to the film's trailer:

Although I'm not a performer, the original production made a big impression on me, vicariously at least. I'm always astonished and filled with admiration at the bravery of people who chose a performing career.

Thanks, Paquita, for the Heads Up. Has anyone else seen this?