This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cornejo

Wednesday matinee, an announcement was madejust before the curtain rose on Theme & Variations that Cory Stearns would be replacing Herman Cornejo. As became evident after the performance, this was a very, very late substitution. Cornejo was spotted on crutches on West 65th St. on his way to an MRI, as I was told.

Wednesday matinee, an announcement was madejust before the curtain rose on Theme & Variations that Cory Stearns would be replacing Herman Cornejo. As became evident after the performance, this was a very, very late substitution. Cornejo was spotted on crutches on West 65th St. on his way to an MRI, as I was told.

In the ABT website, Maxim B. has also been replaced by B Hoven in all of his Mozartianas. It seems, injuries are causing changes in the casting so early in the season.

In the ABT website, Maxim B. has also been replaced by B Hoven in all of his Mozartianas. It seems, injuries are causing changes in the casting so early in the season.

Does anyone know how the Stern/Lane T&V went? Any other reviews are eagerly awaited. I'm going Monday Mat.

I was excited to see Herman in the Corsaire dress rehearsal yesterday! Jose Carreno rehearsed the Slave in the first act but after intermission there was Herman as the Slave. He marked his solo but did some of the pirouettes. I hope this means he has recovered from his injury and will be performing the remainder of the season.

I was excited to see Herman in the Corsaire dress rehearsal yesterday! Jose Carreno rehearsed the Slave in the first act but after intermission there was Herman as the Slave. He marked his solo but did some of the pirouettes. I hope this means he has recovered from his injury and will be performing the remainder of the season.

Wonderful news! I have been fearing that he would be out for the season.

I'm sorry to report that Cornejo was out again last night, replaced by Simkin in the role of Lankendem in Le Corsaire. While I was very sorry to [again] have missed Cornejo, Simkin was marvelous with perfect pirouettes and and astounding leaps. Although ABT has yet to take Cornejo out for the rest of the week, my hunch is that he may miss his Corsaire performances. Hopefully, he will be recovered enough to perform in Prodigal Son next week.

Looks like big changes in Prodigal casting. Steifel is out of Sat. Mat (I bought a ticket hoping to see him). It's now Cornejo & Wiles. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Simkin is now doing it with Dvorovenko on Wed. & Fri. Isn't that a change? Also Prodigal is first on the program, not last. I think that is a change too.

Thanks, vipa. All the rearrangements can be seen on ABT's calendar, -->Here.

I'd been considering leaving this program early as, like Balanchine, I don't much care for Prodigal. However, given the change of order (and Cornejo's appearance tonight), looks like I'm there for all three ballets.