This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PBS Bringing Back Balanchine

New York City doesn't get it until New Year's Eve. I went to www.PBS.org, entered my zip code in the space indicated in "Station Finder" and searched "balanchine" to ascertain that.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think HD excludes analog viewers. I think it means that the film was shot in with high-definition technology.

If the ballet gods are smiling on us, maybe the dvd will be available before too long. :flowers:

In Los Angeles area, this was on KCET last Thursday Nov. 9, at 9 p.m. I saw the first 45 min; I had to leave to make an airport pickup. From what I saw, I would certainly want to see it again, and the whole program, of course; it was made only 3 years ago. Since my husband was out of town and since I am incredibly techno-incapable, I didn't tape it either. I was hoping to see it re-run this afternoon on KCET again. But no such luck. I wanted my daughter in DC to see it as well, but 10:30 p.m. on a Monday night will not go over well with the RA's at her residency. Rats!!

In the Greater Boston area, it is showing today. Unfortunately, it is only accessible IF one has HDTV, (on channel 802). Not sure if & when it might show on the non-HD channels.

Anyone else have more info re: this? Previous forums here also stated that it would be released on DVD ard Christmas? I certainly hope so.

New York City Ballet: Bringing Balanchine Back

The New York City Ballet in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Monday, November 13, 4:00am

Monday, November 13, 8:00pm

Monday, November 13, 11:00pm

In San Francisco KQED has contradictory info on Bringing Back Balanchine scheduling. It will probably be shown as follows, but everyone should double-check--

Thursday 11/16/2006 at 9pm (The weekly schedule has Walking the Bible/40 Years in the Desert here).

Sunday, 11/19/06 at 6pm

Saturday, 12/9/06 at 4pm

It's listed as 56 minutes so I guess we're missing a significant chunk, hopefully not all the good stuff.

I'm not sure if this is universal to PBS stations, but I know that my local affiliate (KCTS/Seattle) made a significant investment in the hardware to broadcast and create HD/TV shows, and I've wondered if they are planning their own programming to highlight/promote that format.