This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

this is evidently a recent filming.

perhaps paris-based ballettalkers recall when these ballets were filmed with leriche etc.

likely a petit-homage program?

i don't have any advance word about this release.

the amazon copy notes very clearly NTSC. i wonder if any european videophiles have noted this out already on PAL, etc.

these would be at least the second such release of JEUNE HOMME (the one w/ nureyev and jeanmaire), tho' admittedly this filming was especially arranged for the camera by petit and not a 'complete,' and the third? of CARMEN (jeanmaire w/ either petit or baryshnikov).

At the risk of appearing as though I posted this topic simply so I could answer my own question, here is a link to the DVD on the TDK web site:

www.tdk-music.com

Who ever said that Manuel Legris was the POB's most filmed danseur? It seems that Nicolas Le Riche is racing to the lead: Le Train Bleu, Notre Dame de Paris, Ivan the Terrible, Sylvia, Clavigo, Appartement and now Jeune Homme and Carmen. And he's still only 34 years old. Mind you, Marie-Agnès Gillot isn't doing too badly in that department either.

At the risk of appearing as though I posted this topic simply so I could answer my own question, here is a link to the DVD on the TDK web site:

www.tdk-music.com

Who ever said that Manuel Legris was the POB's most filmed danseur? It seems that Nicolas Le Riche is racing to the lead: Le Train Bleu, Notre Dame de Paris, Ivan the Terrible, Sylvia, Clavigo, Appartement and now Jeune Homme and Carmen. And he's still only 34 years old. Mind you, Marie-Agnès Gillot isn't doing too badly in that department either.

And don't forget Marguerite et Armand w/Sylvie Guillem. Le Riche is also in the Nina Ananiashvili and her International All Stars DVDs.

-goro-

This has been recently broadcasted on a sat channel. I have not yet watched all of it but my first impression is that although the dancers are very good (Osta slightly miscast, maybe) the film is rather choppily directed - it's not trully bad but the director never let's you forget s/he's there.

I'll post more when I've watched all of it.