This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Would anyone know whether there is a DVD or video available of Maria Alexandrova in Swan Lake? I am able to view tapes/videos formatted for Europe as well as for the US. If so, would anyone have any idea of where I might purchase it?

Thank you.

all i can say is that i have heard nothing of any recent filmings of SWAN LAKE with the bolshoi ballet.

others more familiar with european releases might add more information here.

i know that russian television broadcast THE BRIGHT STREAM w/ alexandrova but i have not heard that this telecast was intended for commercial release.

(i also understand that THE BOLT - ratmansky's new version of this shostakovich ballet will be filmed sometime soon and then likely be released on DVD but i have no idea if alexandrova is in this cast.)

Alexandrova was also the Myrtha in a commercially released Giselle from the Bolshoi with Lunkina and Tsiskiradze. Unfortunately I don't think this dvd release ever found its way out of Russia. I assume it was released to celebrate the mounting of the Vasiliev production, as he comes out for a bow at the end (looking as handsome as ever). Lunkina is a beautiful, if somewhat reserved, Giselle, and Tsisrikadze and Alexandrova are both excellent. Alexandrova must have the best grande jete after Maya Plisetskaya.

Would anyone know whether there is a DVD or video available of Maria Alexandrova in Swan Lake? I am able to view tapes/videos formatted for Europe as well as for the US. If so, would anyone have any idea of where I might purchase it?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, there isn't.

The only commercially available recording with Alexandrova is "The Pharaoh's Daughter" with Zakharova and Filin on Bel Air Classiques.

Thanks for your suggestions. I had seen an excerpt of her Swan Lake on Youtube.com and was hoping the full performance was available.

I think we should make a clear distinction between clips and fragments of performances which appear on internet sites, and commercially available products. Ballet clips are posted in tons nowadays on the internet, usually taken from TV-broadcasts or amateur video, but that doesn't mean that this footage has been released for mainstream DVD.