This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Joan Accocella on Suzanne Farrell

bart

I just found this short New Yorker piece from several years ago. It was posted, in an entirely different context, by Brendan McCarthy in the Writings on Ballet Forum, Theology of Ballet thread.

I am also posting it here because some of our readers might not have noticed it on the other thread.

Here's the short introductory piece:

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/online...on_onlineonly01

I'll try to track down a link of the complete article (issue of 1/6/03) and post it as well.

Any thoughts, considering the Suzanne Farrell Company's work in the intervening years?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the main story was not offered online.

Either that or it's disappeared. The short piece you posted originally is, in itself, quite revealing and interesting. And I think you for it.

:lightbulb: which, I notice, has come way, way down in price :clapping: .

But I suggest you read the commentaries on Amazon's site before buying it. If they are to be believed, not sure I like the idea of loading spyware onto my computer, nor the imposed agreement that permits them to track the articles I read and how much time I spend reading them...

But I suggest you read the commentaries on Amazon's site before buying it. If they are to be believed, not sure I like the idea of loading spyware onto my computer, nor the imposed agreement that permits them to track the articles I read and how much time I spend reading them...

Seriously? Yikes!

The New Yorker seems to have removed from its website all material published before February 2005, i.e., the material contained in The Complete New Yorker dvd set, :wink: which, I notice, has come way, way down in price :) .

Carbro:

You are a love and a genius. I just love to read your entries. Wouldn't it be nice if ten of the Balletomanes on this site could actually afford a table at the gala?

That would be fun.

When my wife and I win LOTTO, we are treating all of you.

It has been pouring all weekend here on Long Island, and the sun finally broke out and on Thursday and Saturday, it'll be "MND."

I long for Thursday and Maria.

Best to all for a fun and long spring at NYCB.

JIM