This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

RARE ballet music treasure on a CD I just bought!

just bought a CD called

Pas de Deux" The ballet experience

The Sofia National Opera Orchestra

Conducted by Boris Spassov

On the label Capriccio 67012

This CD has the best conducting Ive come across in a LONG time on CD. The disc includes pas de deux from 'Corsaire' (Drigo arr. by Lanhcbery), the pas from 'Flames of Paris', the pas from 'Swan lake' (Black Swan Pas, the 1895 traditional Drigo), the OLD pas from La Fille mal Gardee, the grand pas from Giselle, and the pas from Flower festival.

The conducting of Spassov is AWESOME. He conducts the best Black Swan I have ever heard om Disc. The tempi is perfect for a danecr. I know many peaople have searched for the Traditional variation of the black swan pas (it is Tchaikovskys composition orchestrated by Riccardo Drigo "L'espiegle opus 72 no.13 from his piano opus 72) and here it is, and conducted wonderfully!

It is only available in Europe. It can purchased through Amazon.com.uk!

Heres the address

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9873357-3540654

YES! And it is available by the same conductor and orchestra as the CD listed above. Heres the info -

Leon Minkus

Paquita and La Bayadere

condusted by Boris Spassov

performed by Sofia National Opera Orchestra

on the label Caproccio

This CD has the entire scene "The Kingdom of the Shades" and the whole of what Minkus composed for "Paquita (the childrens Mazurka, the 'Golden' pas de trios, and the Grand pas). Also, the interpolations of other composers is also included.

The conducting of Spassov is wonderful, it is exaclty as it would be for the stage. An added bonus is the harpest (Valentina Raicheva) and her playing of the arpeggios and solos is lovely to say the least!

Get this recording! :)

Yeah I have the Paquita and Bayadere recording. The Bayadere entrance of the shades is a little fast but other than that, everything's perfect! It's so good to find a Paquita that has the children's introduction on it! I do have to say that I prefer the Lanchberry orchestration though. (Harpist lol)