This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Other roster changes

Kristin Sloan is back in the company. When I saw the listing for Waltz of the Flowers today, I thought it might be a misprint, but there she was in the corps again. She's back listed in the company program listing. That was a happy surprise!

Also, I noticed that Karin von Aroldingen and Richard Tanner are now listed with the other Ballet Masters. Also, were the other ballet masters (other than Dunleavy) formerly called "assistant ballet masters"? I don't have any of my old programs handy. But, now the title for the group says Ballet Masters. Forgive me if I am posting something previously posted, but I didn't remember seeing any of this mentioned.

-amanda

Yes, through last season Victor Castelli, Jean-Pierre Frohlich, Susan Hendl, Lisa Jackson, Russell Kaiser, Sara Leland, and Christine Redpath were Assistant Ballet Masters. Glad that Aroldingen and Tanner have been added to the list and now are all Ballet Masters. Rosemary Dunleavy has been Ballet Mistress for a long time and continues to hold that title. This could raise questions of political correctness, but I have no desire to raise them. :rolleyes:

Re: Ballet Masters. I noticed that too at the gala. Von Aroldingen and Tanner have been taking rehearsals for a long time, so it's interesting that they now have been given titles. And Susan Hendl is no longer a "visiting" ballet master.

I'm very happy about Sloan. She was wonderful in Christopher d'Amboise's Triptych and Divert. #15 several years back. I had missed her.