This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Greatest Partnership

I have seen several threads about today's greatest dancers on BalletAlert! but I haven't noticed one about today's greatest partnership, so I thought I'd start the topic. Which dancers, to your mind, currently have the best partnership going?

I would have voted for Asylmuratova and Ruzimatov, only Asylmuratova has stopped dancing. So my second choice is Cojocaru and Kobborg.

Nina Ananiashvili and Julio Bocca are terrific together at ABT. Swan Lake, La Bayadere, whenever ballet they perform in you can expect an evening of great partnership in dancing because it is so obvious they are enjoying dancing to together. The trust they have in one another is made very clear in the way they dance together.

That's a good question -- and a hard one, since today's companies seem to do everything they can to keep dancrs from dancing together mor ethan once a season!  I don't think there is a Fonteyn-Nureyev, or Fracci-Bruhn partnership around.

Cojocaru and Kobborg are great together. Pavlenko and Kolb are likewise great

and have the potential to become a great partnership if they are regularly booked together; (since its the Maryinsky - definitely nyet). I do agree with you Alexandra: There is no Fracci/Bruhn, Fonteyn/Nureyev (or, I'll add) Maximova/Vasiliev partnership right now.